What information do I need to rent a forklift?
Having the information below readily available will help you quickly rent a forklift:
- What type of power to use : Electric, Propane, Gasoline, or Diesel.
- Load Capacity: How heavy is the product that I am lifting?
- Dimensions of the Facility such as lift height, aisle size, or doorway measurements.
- Are you using the machine indoors vs outdoors?
- Please have your business’s certificate of insurance handy if you are a new customer. Unfortunately, Tri-Lift NJ does not rent directly to private individuals, only businesses.
Should I rent an electric powered forklift or propane/diesel powered?
- When deciding between electric or internal combustion forklifts, you need to consider where your forklift will be operating, what your application is, and what your lifting capacity is.
- Generally, electric forklifts cannot be used outside. If your application involves handling food, you probably need an electric forklift. If you are lifting very heavy loads, you will most likely need a diesel lift truck.
- If you determine that you must have an electric lift truck for your application, you will need to also rent a charger for the machine as well.
- You can always Contact our Rental Manager if you need help figuring out the best forklift for your application.
Different tires on forklifts and what is appropriate for your application
Forklifts are classified into classes, the two most common being class 4, cushion tire, and class 5, pneumatic tire.
- Cushion tires are ideal for indoor applications with smooth floors such as manufacturing facilities or warehouses. Cushion forklifts sit much lower to the ground, so they have a smaller turning radius.
- Air Pneumatic tires are most useful outside on pavement, but can be used indoors as well.
- Solid Pneumatic tires are made of solid rubber and most ideal for applications such as lumber or scrap metal yards because you cannot puncture them on sharp objects.
How much does a forklift rental cost?
Forklift rentals vary in cost depending on what type of machine and lifting capacity you would like to rent. Also, if you do not have a flatbed, there will be a delivery charge to drop off and pickup the machine from your location. To find out your lowest rate possible, please Contact our Rental Manager or Request a Rental Quote.
How soon can I get my rental?
Urgency is our protocol, and we are here to provide you with what you need, when you need it. In many cases, Tri-Lift NJ can provide you with a rental within 24 hours. If you are a new customer, having your certificate of insurance handy will significantly expedite the process. Also, you must complete a credit application before you can rent a forklift.CREDIT APPLICATION
What types of equipment can I rent?
- Electric Forklifts
- Electric Pallet Jacks
- Cushion Forklifts
- Pneumatic Forklifts
- Reach Trucks and Order Pickers
- Scissor Lifts and Booms
- Forklift Attachments
- Sweepers and Scrubbers